Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The One Thing I'm most Thankful for...




God has blessed my life so much and there are a million things that I can tell God "Thank you" for, but one of the things this Thanksgiving that I have to say I am most thankful for is God's Forgiveness. I thank God that he is merciful despite that a lot of times, I am not deserving.  I am sure that there are many of you out there that feel the same way! What a mighty God we serve to be able to love us enough to give his only son and then still have us fail often enough at being obedient to his word and still he loves us; still he forgives us and wipes the slate clean as if it never happened. Isaiah 43:25 says:

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

His love for us is so deep that he chooses not to remember our sins.  If that's not saving grace...I am so thankful for God's mercy this year because I have been trying to be more vigilante in those things that the Holy Spirit has convicted me about and many days, have fallen short and gotten down about it, but I know that is exactly what Satan wants. Those are the days I know I need to pray a little harder and read the word a little longer because Satan will try to convince us that all is lost. He will make us feel it is too tough, that you can never measure up, but I guess that's why God is so forgiving.  He knows that we will never measure up.  Jesus said (to paraphrase) that the student can never be greater than the teacher! And there you have it! We can strive and work our hardest but will never reach perfection the best we can do is try! That's all God asks, is that we try, and with that he leaves it up to us to say "yes, I will try or no, I won't try" and if your answer is the latter...all i can say is "how ungrateful"!

Happy Thanksgiving and as always Be Fruitful

Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment